Our Agency Values
All people are important and need to be empowered and treated with dignity, love and respect; therefore, we believe in and strive for:
- A high level of commitment
- All people learning and growing
- Choice, integration, and a meaningful life
- Loving, supportive, Christian environments
- A sense of belonging and of community
- Providing a caring environment that promotes opportunity for each person to reach his or her desired level of independence while maintaining a sense of community.
- Providing an equitable environment that values all people while promoting teamwork, open communication and vision.
- Providing innovative leadership in the disabilities field through networking, collaborating with other agencies, and being creative while continually improving the quality of services through anticipating, responding, to and evaluating needs.
- Operating under the assumption of goodwill which believes that others are working for a positive, person-centered outcome for the agency and for each other.
- Operating as a high quality non-profit agency while maintaining a strong financial base.
Social Work Department
Serving over 170 individuals, the Social Work Department maintains all individuals’ records, admissions, family contacts, human rights, privacy regulations, and face to face contacts. Social Workers are responsible for communicating with the Community Services Boards to coordinate quarterly and annual reviews of each person receiving support services from Pleasant View. Those interested in obtaining services from Pleasant View should contact the Social Work Department located in the Harrisonburg Day Support Services Building at (540) 433-8960.
Pleasant View, Inc is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transportation services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by Pleasant View, Inc or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, our contact information is: PO Box 425, Broadway, Va. 22815 (540) 896-8255